blogbackup

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 366

My objective is achieved! When I started this blog, my intention was to compile a quick-and-easy-to-prepare collection of healthy recipes, suitable for a family of four. I have posted a different main meal recipe every week day, hoping to encourage you – and myself – to change to (and maintain) healthier eating habits.

My weight has only varied by about 1kg over the past twelve months and what has helped me to maintain my 18kg weight loss is tracking and portion control. I now eat breakfast and lunch every single day – I never used to eat breakfast, and would skip lunch too, more often than not, only eating very small portions at dinner; but I didn’t lose weight, in fact I just kept gaining! So excessively restricted eating is not the way to lose weight. Our bodies need fuel at regular intervals, otherwise our BMR (basal metabolic rate) slows right down and we conserve our energy as fat.

To stop those awful feelings of hunger, deprivation and lethargy, be sure to eat a wide variety of foods from each of the food groups every day. Eat regularly and never, never skip breakfast.

No comments: