blogbackup

Friday, June 25, 2010

Turning your world upside down

I really enjoy a good book. Though I have very little time to read during the day, part of my bedtime ritual is to read for at least thirty minutes, sometimes longer. Usually a novel. And I like to read authors from, or writing about, cultures different from my own.

The book I’m reading at the moment is “The forty rules of love” by Elif Shafak, published by Penguin. It is a lot more than a love story; I don’t read love stories. Ever. Certainly not Mills and Boon!

This is one of the forty rules:

"Try not to resist the changes that come your way. Instead, let life flow through you. And do not worry that your life is turning upside down. How do you know that the side you are used to is better than the one to come?"

Have a great weekend.

No comments: