blogbackup

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Recipe : Week 6 : Day 2

Smoked turkey bagel

Serves 4 : Very easy
Ingredients
4 bagels
±200gms smoked turkey
Low fat mayo
Mixed lettuce leaves
1 raw beetroot, grated
1 Tblsp dried cranberries
Crudités to serve
Method
Prepare your crudités.
(I’ve used cocktail tomatoes, mange tout peas and cucumber sticks.)
Carefully split the bagels, and toast lightly.
Spread both halves of each bagel with low fat mayo.
Put lettuce and grated beetroot on the bottom halves.
Top with sliced smoked turkey.
Cap with the top halves.
Put a teaspoon of the mayo in each hollow.
Sprinkle with dried cranberries.
Serve with the crudités.
This recipe came about because I was digging in the freezer, looking for chicken.
I had completely forgotten about the smoked ½ turkey I bought, sliced and froze at Christmas!
Mind you don’t burn your fingers on the bagels – I think it is the sugar bath they are boiled in before baking that makes them retain the heat.

No comments: